[TowerTalk] KT34-XA Capacitor Sealing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34-XA Capacitor Sealing
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:04:22 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Pat Barthelow wrote:

> capacitos, so I want extra insurance, and long life....Any negatives to
> doing the RTV thing?

Unless you know exactly the chemical make-up of both the end caps as well
as the sealant you will be using, I wouldn't do it.  Murphy's Law
predicts that the sealant will attack the end caps and cause them to
disintegrate much faster than would happen if you didn't do anything.

I have never seen the end caps migrate, so I don't think it is an issue.
If you REALLY want to be sure, may I suggest either a UV tiewrap around
the element next to the end cap, or a course of Scotch 88 tape around
that element up against the end cap?

73, Jim  N6IG