[TowerTalk] automatic rotator brake delay

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] automatic rotator brake delay
From: Jepilot@aol.com (Jepilot@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:21:28 EDT
I have the usual three switch control unit for a Hy-Gain Ham IV rotator
system.  This is the manual brake control  using the center switch to withdraw
the brake in the rotator for rotation of the antenna either CW or CCW,
releasing either the left or right switch to stop rotation, waiting for the
antenna to stop, and then releasing the center switch to activate the brake.
I would like to modify the control unit to eliminate the manual operation of
the brake switch and replace it with an automatic delay and activation after
the rotation switch is released.  I remember  in years past reading
conversion articles in either QST or CQ  (probably both) as well as
advertisements for conversion kits and need your  suggestions to locate a
suitable article(s) or a kit.  Any leads will be appreciated.

Tnx es 73    Jan Rehler, W5KNZ, Corpus Christi, Tx

(Erecting 55 foot crankup tower with 8 element log periodic antenna at 60 feet
this weekend.  Almost ready to rotate again.)