[TowerTalk] building a TH-11DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] building a TH-11DX
From: n7ex@athenet.net (Dave_K9NX)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:45:26 +0000
>----------

coat something for uV protection, it is best to use black or some other
very dark color.  It is the opposite of what I first thought would be good.
 I used to think white would be the best because it would reflect the light
and uV.  What you want is a surface that is opaque so that none of the uV
can penetrate.  I would think that black liquid tape would be a good choice.

 Another argument for the black paint is that in more northern climates.
the black antenna will heat up in the sun quicker and shed ice and snow
faster when the sun comes out. thus restoring your swr quicker! Having sat
for as long as 2 weeks with an ice loaded antenna with a 3:1 vswr this
might be worth my going out with some black aluminum primer this week !!!!
Less than a month till we get significant snow up here.

Dave K9NX