[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31 XR vs KLM KT-34XA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31 XR vs KLM KT-34XA
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:20:43 -0400
Seems like the C-31XR would be a better antenna on 15 and 10 but less on 20.
The KT34XA matches the well tuned 4 el 20 and 6 el 10.  I have found 15 to
be the weak link.

The C-31XR probably has more wind exposure due to more elements.   It is
probably easier to maintain.

I stack a 40 meter with my XA plus have a W9PNE X-beam so believe the C-31XR
would add to much wind area to my single tower.

Both lack WARC ability (sure you can tune any beam through a tuner).   Too
bad the Sommer XP 80 series is such a problem to set up...this could be a
strong alternative!   TH-11 is the only real WARC/Tri-bander now.   Hy-Gain
even say its better on 15 and 20 than the TH-7, too.

Dave K4JRB