[TowerTalk] Re: Pencil marks (are BAD!)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Pencil marks (are BAD!)
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 13:31:11 -0600
 I stand corrected, very nicely, by several on this list.  I have been
given what I wanted, -- a rational explanation of the processes in play in
the interaction between aluminum and Graphite.

I apologize if any of my questions and statements seemed strong- However,
only Kurt and a couple of others actually gave mention of the mechanism-
Kurt much better than others, and more nearly complete.

The effect does exist, and I still want to pursue this thread, to find
documentation of the effect, if it can be found.  It is important that we
avoid detrimental effects when we can, and this thread has opened some eyes
(mine, at least) to a problem that had little PR before (at least, to my
knowledge). If any of you come across a reference, please let me know.

I wonder what the effect of "NoAlOx", or similar treatments, has on this
effect?

Bill , eating a little Humble Pie on the New Year, and wishing all great
things to come.
-
Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL