[TowerTalk] REAL PROP PITCH ANSWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] REAL PROP PITCH ANSWERS
From: k2qbv@cyburban.com (Joel)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:54:19 -0500
Dear Mike...
Hey, there is nothing wrong with trying something out. I do however believe
your readings may be a little off.  By applying 12 volts DC should make one
revolution a little faster
 than  40 seconds if your unit was indeed modified.

In any event, I could send you a complete history and service manual on small
PROP PITCHS (includes all articles in CQ and QST since 1949 or so).   The
booklet was 56 pages up to this week when I included another 7 pages on
modifications.  Also covered is the horrible difference between a normal
healthly (just the way god intended)  prop pitch and a modified unit.  Very
interesting reading, especially the part you may like covering selsyns and
their use on the output drive. To photocopy  63 pages costs a few dollars and I
would like $10.00 plus $3.00 for mailing out the booklet.  I would send out a
few at no charge,  but the word got out and I have to come up with 8 sets just
to start with.

If your looking as you indicated you were for selsyns, I can help.  I also have
a  (used) Telrex compass control unit with a selsyn built-in. As you probably
can see I rebuild prop pitchs on the side and have been for many years. Also
have supply of 3 inch 360 degree
radio compass that are used and something new just added...............A BRAND
NEW TELREX  ROTATOR SYSTEM WITH COMPASS CONSOLE..  Never used, never taken out
of the wooden box it came in.

Lastly, modified P/P units, will turn by them selfs but certain factors enter
into this I wish to  not cover that at this time..

Let me know your wishes.

Regards,
Joel, K2QBV

FIRST CALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
(a direct distributor for US TOWER CORP)
Toll free " 800 HAMTOWER"
EMAIL >firstcall@cyburban.com

28 Grove Street
Spring Valley, New York 10977