[TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:43:12 EST
In a message dated 99-01-29 09:12:02 EST, ac0x@qsl.net writes:

> But, isn't the Trylon somewhat overkill for a 18' boom 8 lb. windload
> antenna? I know better overkill than too little, but after seeing  pictures
> of Trylons with 30' boom Force 12's with a VHF yagi or two (or three) on
top,
> I'm wondering if I could still do well by going smaller.

      No, it's not overkill if you want a reliable installation.

     You can go smaller. There are a variety of heights, windload capacities
and prices. It all depends on what you need to do the job. The Trlon Titan
will take some big loads but that's not necessarily what you need or what
you'll pay for.

       What's "8 lb. windload"? Is that the square footage area, wind pressure
or what? Even a VHF beam with an 18' boom should weigh more than 8 pounds.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products