[TowerTalk] temp guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] temp guys
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:58:51 GMT
Yee Haaa,

You haven't lived until you're 40' up above last guy at 150, just
getting ready to haul up the first guy to attach at the top, and the
wind picks up...

Fleeting thoughts of structural integrity don't stand up to sheer
terror as one sways back and forth 2-3 feet. It feels like 20.

Remember in those rides at Universal Studios & the like, how along
with the widescreen video in front of us, movements of the seat
structure never exceeding 2 1/2 feet convince us that we're flying a
rocket over the edge of a cliff?

73, y'all,

Guy

On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:54:45 -0500, Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
wrote:

>I dunno, but on my Rohn 25, I wished I had the temps, particularly when I
>was working on attaching the 60-70 feet section with the only set of guys
>down at 31 feet.  The long-period sway from just three unguyed sections was
>scarey, whether or not it was structurally risky.

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net
Apex, NC, USA