[TowerTalk] temp guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] temp guys
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:05:22 -0600

"Wait a minute. When are you 'moving the temps up'? The sequence for Rohn
guyed tower of any caliber is to put up 4 sections, attach the permanent
guys,
put up 4 more sections, attach guys, repeat as necessary. This means that
you
can safely climb up to 4 sections of exposed tower. People do it every
day."

"Going down, level checking is by eye but guy tension bears checking with
the
gauge.  When this is not done (at least in my admittedly limited
experience), a lot of time is spent diagnosing how things got out of kilter
and what major fix to apply, and this process takes longer and is
considerably riskier than lots of little checks and little fixes.

       "You check a tower for plumb and tension from the bottom up - not
the
top down."

regards to putting a tower up, you just said clearly n a few words what it
took me many to say, and apparently not clearly.

73 John N5CQ

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products