[TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:51:33 -0600

>We'd like any comments, ideas, tips, cautions, etc. from anyone
who might have
>done such a thing, AND in particular we'd appreciated any help
we can get in
>techniques to "tune up" the darn thing. We'll be using an
MFJ-259 Analyzer
>with a MFJ-66 Dip Meter Adapter. (And a noise bridge if
necessary...)

Joe,

Is the MFJ-66 Dip Meter adapter is the PL259-mounted plug-in
coil?  Have you used it on anything with success?  I tried it
with my 259 on my A3S traps and it didn't see a thing.  My B&W
600 Grid Dip Meter worked like a champ on the same traps.  I
ultimately coupled the 600 to the 259/dip coil to find the actual
dip frequency off it's freq meter, but still, it was pathetic as
a dip meter.

You can borrow my 600, if you want.

73
dale, kg5u