[TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 M Quad Adjustments
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:14:15 EST
Ok Joe...
BTW, just as an aside.... The elements dont HAVE to be installed at 90 degrees
to the caternary line... You can swivel them as much as 45 degrees off the
direction of the cat line (boom) in order to lay a main lobe where you want
it... Yes, there will be some degradation of the pattern due to the center
line of the "boom" being at an angle to the direction that is broadside to the
elements (i.e. cattywampus) but not as much as you think.... And for angles
much above 25 degrees you should increase the element spacing to offset the
fact that the elements are swiveling closer together... Play with two pencils
and you will see what I mean... I throw this out gratis to you guys, from many
wasted hours of my life, spent modeling yagis, loops, etc, ad nauseum....

Denny - K8DO

ps... also will post to towertalk... Maybe some one else can use the idea...