[TowerTalk] Rebuilding 204BA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding 204BA
From: SetzlerJM@Code80.NPT.NUWC.NAVY.MIL (Setzler James M NPRI)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:29:28 -0500
I've acquired a Hygain 204BA that is about 3 years old.  It's been on the
ground for about 6 months.  It was working FB when last on the tower.   When
we originally put it together we drilled and riveted all the elements as
well as used NOALOX on all of the joints.   I'm now planning to put it back
up in the air.

What does the group recommend:    Should I drill out all the existing
element rivets, clean the joints, reapply fresh NOALOX, re-drill and
re-rivet?    OR should I just check each of the rivet joints and leave them
alone if they seem tight.

Of course I want to do this right electrically;  but if drilling out the
existing rivets and then drilling new holes for new rivets is structurally
detrimental,  I'll re-think the process.   I'd rather not create a problem
where one doesn't yet exist.

thanks &
73  James / k1sd
Rhode Island