[TowerTalk] Rebuilding 204BA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebuilding 204BA
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:05:55 -0500
if you drill out the old rivets you can probably simply re-use the same
holes!!!!

it has been my experience that simply getting through t he mushroom head of
the rivet results in the rest of the rivet falling into the center of the
element and your bit doesn't have to touch the element itself....

If you use the same size bit as originally used to make the holes you will
probably have a high success rate at reusing the same holes...keep a small
package of the next diameter size up handy for those holes that get
enlarged by overzealousness.

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm