[TowerTalk] Side Mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side Mounts
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:46:47 -0500
> Your salt-water does pose special problems - like the need for hot-dip
> galvanizing.  But I feel that judging from the pictures (and the apparent
> design deficiency) the mount is too simple to cost that much.
> 73,  Pete N4ZR

So what do I do?  I am genuinely worried about a failure given the
dual threats of salt and high winds.  Penny wise and pound foolish
could leave me with massive liability exposure, or a dead or injured
person, or both.

$200. seems cheap compared to the loss of the tri-bander and possible
damage to person and property.  I find nothing on the Force 12 site ...
would love it if they could offer something that is salt resistant, safe
over
100mph, and under $200.

Is it really likely that someone not familiar with moving metal mechanisms
(such as a swinging gate) can design, build and install something safe
when exposed to salt and high winds under load?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  K1YP