[TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Guy Bracket H/W

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Guy Bracket H/W
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 02:41:55 -0800
Hi Charlie,

If you want genuine Rohn bolts and nuts for that, you have a problem.  If you
will
take bolts and nuts of the same size, but not from Rohn, maybe you can solve it.
Here is the problem:

Rohn has a $250 minimum order and they will not move from that without a very
high
level decision within Rohn.  As a Rohn Dealer, I have to normally order $5000
worth
of stuff from Rohn in order to get it at a competitive price.  That is the order
level at which Rohn pays the shipping to me.  If they don't pay the shipping,
there
simply is not any way I can make any money on selling Rohn stuff.  I just
placed an
order with Rohn (in this case, it was only $3000 since they just offered a
"special").  This means I won't be placing another order with them for several
months since I have to sell down my tower pile quite a lot to justify another
$5000
order.  In the mean time, customers like you who need a few bolts and nuts have
go begging, or use other than genuine Rohn hardware.

Here is what I COULD do if you were willing:

1.  Find out what all the Rohn part numbers are for all the pieces you need.
2.  Find out my costs for those parts.
3.  Determine a selling price for those parts to you.
4.  Estimate the shipping costs of those parts to you.
5.  Ask you to send me the money in advance of me placing an order for the parts
with Rohn.
6.  Place the order for those parts with my next $5000 prepaid shipment from
Rohn
(probably during the summer, like June or July, maybe later).
7.  Ship you the parts shortly after Rohn ships them to me.

Bottom line:  you would have to pay now and wait an indefinite number of months
get the stuff.  Not a good plan, but the only way I know how to do it as long as
Rohn insists on not having reasonable customer service policies.

I suspect you will not find another solution.  If you do, I am REAL interested
in
it.