[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V2 #127

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V2 #127
From: jsschuster@snet.net (Jack Schuster)
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 00:39:03 -0400
I'm not sure who was questioning the integrity of LMR400, but here's my take on
the stuff. About a year ago, I replaced most of my coax with LMR  500 (I think
it
was 500...it was the stuff with comparable specs to 9913. I found it was sooo
flexible I was afraid the center conductor would migrate and short if it kinked,
and it did kink in normal handling. Fortunately, I haven't had any problems,
but I
just had a gut feeling that the stuff wasn't tough and I would never use it
again!  JACK W1WEF