[TowerTalk] Guying questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying questions
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:40:49 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-11 10:06:26 EDT, biskit@snip.net writes:

> Look for it this afternoon.  As far as
>  elevated guys, you again can find it in the archives (I think February).
>  For my installation, I just picked up 3 pieces of 3"x10' rigid conduitwhich
>  I plan to sink 4' into the ground.

      Just curious - have you run any calcs on your proposed elevated
anchors? If they're going to be six feet above the ground, I don't know if
they have adequate strength for your application. My suggestion? Don't do
ANYTHING without proper engineering okay.

       What county and state are you in? What are you putting up?

> I would also recommend either screwing a
>  floor flange or something else on the bottom of the pipe to keep it from
>  pulling out from the concrete base.  Another good material is an I-beam
with
>  the end cut on a 45 facing the tower.

       An I-beam is much stronger. I would use it and not round pipe.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC