[TowerTalk] Zoning approval

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Zoning approval
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:18:00 EDT
In a message dated 99-04-12 00:33:00 EDT, dlleikis@deseretonline.com writes:

> I am seeking to get zoning approval/building permits for erecting a
>  self-supporting tower.  Is there a site or a reference that someone can
>  point me to so that I can study up for this?

    The first thing you need is a clear understanding of the regulations and
the process. The BEST article I've ever read is one written by Dale Clift,
NA1L, who's a lawyer. I've got reprints of it for a buck (to Tower Tech, Box
572, Woodinville, WA, 98072). Until you've got everything in proper
perspective, you will not be effective. Or successful.

      Then when you have SPECIFIC questions, you can go to the Ham-Law
reflector. That's where all the legal eagles hang out and they KNOW what
they're talking about. Send a message to listserver@altlaw.com with
<subscribe ham-law> in the message to subscribe. I don't know if they have an
archive.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products