[TowerTalk] re: pouring concrete, finally!- a question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: pouring concrete, finally!- a question
From: Hank.Lonberg@Harrisgrp.com (Hank Lonberg)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 07:28:00 +0100
     Kelly:

     The accepted practice is to pour concrete either on undistrubed native
     soil or compacted engineered backfill. Typically engineered backfill
     is crushed rock or similar that is designed to compacted with
     interlocking particle sizes.

     I sure hope he compacted the backfill and used concrete spacer blocks
     to support the reinforcing up off the bottom of the hole

     Hank Lonberg P.E.

     -  Hank Lonberg, KR7X
     -  E-mail:  kr7x@arrl.net or hank.lonberg@harrisgrp.com
     -> Team Pantelleria - IH9P - African Italy - CQWW DX SSB
     -> http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/eudora/126/ih9p.html