[TowerTalk] RE: Tower base drainage problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Tower base drainage problem
From: tomnxa@nb.net (Tom Gerdes Jr.)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:08:41 -0400
Hi Richard,

I also have a Universal tower, but it's the 21-70. The legs may be
different since mine are filled with concrete and allow no water to
enter the base. That's how I was told to put it in. Although I didn't do
the work myself, the HAMs that did agreed on filling the base legs. The
hole ended up a little larger than what was called for and there is
about 8 cu. yds. of concrete going down about 7 feet with a 4" top. With
this base, I don't think the tower will be going anywhere soon. What is
the reasoning behind NOT filling the legs with concrete? Is it that they
are just constructed differently than the 30" base legs? I don't have my
info on the Universal line of towers at hand, but it just may be your
base legs are different if they are the smaller ones.

Tom