[TowerTalk] Easyway tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Easyway tower
From: N4CW@aol.com (N4CW@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:44:11 EDT
I've owned a couple of those EZ-Way towers and never had any problems with
the "wonder post" (honest, that's what it's called!!!). I recall that
EZ-Way's installation instructions had provisions for sandy soil, and that
was to make the hole for the wonder post quite a bit larger, and a little
deeper. Then, instead of backfilling with the soil you removed, you'd repack
the hole using "stone dust" or whatever that stuff is. Basically, it's finely
crushed rock-- almost a powder, but not quite. I've seen that stuff used in
New England to line an in-ground pool prior to putting in a plastic liner and
filling the pool with water. It works like concrete but never hardens.
Apparently it packs hard (when applied wet and tamped down).
That's what I recall. All disclaimers apply!!!
Bert, N4CW