[TowerTalk] T2X Refurbishing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X Refurbishing
From: N4CW@aol.com (N4CW@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:04:02 EDT
I just had a TailTwister refurbished by HyGain/Telex. Cost to refurbish is
currently $197. You just pack the rotator and control box, include the check
inside the box, and ship it to them.
I shipped it via UPS on March 26, and it was back at my doorstep April
10---not bad from Raleigh, NC to Lincoln, NE and back.
The cost included repairs, replacing missing parts, and even changing the
meter scale to a South-centered one (they included the meter faceplate for
North-centered if I ever wanted to change it back). The lady I spoke with
over the phone prior to my sending the rotator said it was "essentially, a
new rotator" when I got it back. I'll take her word for it since I hate
opening those things...the bearings are so messy when they fall all over the
floor...covered with grease...yechhh!
I'm aware of C.A.T.S. and Norm's Rotor Service, but I have this thing about
having my equipment serviced by the manufacturer....In this case, they also
stamped the bottom of the rotator with the date of service.
73, Bert N4CW