[TowerTalk] Reqst for assistance: choosing a remote ant switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reqst for assistance: choosing a remote ant switch
From: aa0cy@nwrain.com (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:56:27 -0700
Steve,
When I was at PolyPhaser I created two "specials"
to meet the needs of the situation discussed below
and for V/UHF'ers who needed to power pre-amps
and sequencers. If memory serves, they handled
+/- 30 Vdc. One was for HF~440MHz (or just
two metres, I cannot recall)  and had PL259's. It
handled the conventional 1KW at HF and I think
about 200W on 144MHz and 100W on 440. The
other was for V/UHF, had N connectors and a
somewhat higher power level.

I managed to sell a few of the HF models but not
the V/UHF model. This means the former is available
but the latter is not. Whether the current situation at
PolyPhaser does specials I don't know. The biggest
problem with specials is that the more "useful" ones
were never advertised or catalogued, so no one knew
about them and assumed they didn't exist (as you did).

The part number was something like 95-0626A-A (and/or
-B). If Tricia is still there, she would be your best
possibility of tracking them down. I sold them to a ham
from New Mexico named "Dee" Grapentine. I forgot his call.
Maybe someone knows that gentleman and get the part
number from him. I know he goes to Dayton regularly and
is a former USAF officer.

Let me know what Tricia says.

73,
Bob AA0CY
former PolyPhaser Senior Applications Engineer