[TowerTalk] Perfect Field Day beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Perfect Field Day beam?
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:46:09 EDT
Hi Doug!   You dont need a big beam on Field Day.   In fact it would probably
be
better to not have a big beam for Field Day because you are working all
State-side
and often many will call you from all directions and your job is to work as
many as possible.    Further, a beam that goes together easily is preferred
too.   Hence,
in our experience at the Twin City FM Club W0EF (usually a top scoring Club in
the 2A category) is the High Gain TA3, or Cush Craft A3 or A4.   We also like
the
Hygain Explorer 14 but it is a little more complex to assemble for the
effort.

But if I had to narrow it down I would take the High Gain TA3.   You can find
them
used for about $125 and they collapse for compact storage till next year!

Good luck and look for W0EF June 26-27!

73
Mike
K0BUD