[TowerTalk] Securing cables to trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing cables to trees
From: k1zat@dsport.com (JD Delancy)
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 22:39:41 -0400 (EDT)
Dennis

This might work for you.

 Go to your local farm supply and get some electric fence insulators
with the screw-into-lag on it.  they are about $2.50 a piece here in MD.

 Put one down the tree about every 15-20 feet and "string" the coax thru
the hole of each insultator, the hold is about 3/4 of inch. Then secure
them to the insulator(s) with tie wraps.

 Near the bottom of the tree, maybe 10-15 feet up, hang a messenger
cable back to shack to carry the coax's back so they dont strain.

I've had some up for five years or so, looks just as good today.

    jd