[TowerTalk] Replacement cable for crankups

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replacement cable for crankups
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:14:46 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-11 20:03:21 EDT, mcduffie@scottsbluff.net writes:

> OK, I found some at a contractors supply house.  After looking at it, I
>  think the rest of the stuff offered by the other stores was probably
>  galvanized also, just not marked that way.  Price is .42/ft plus .50
>  each for the crimps.  Finding someone to do the crimp is another story.
>  It seems many places don't do it anymore because of liability.  I'm
>  still looking.

       I can rent a Nicopress crimper locally from the same place I can buy
the swages from. Make some phone calls and then you can do it yourself
economically.

      BTW, if the cables are the same breaking strength - install the
stainless steel aircraft cable. It won't rust! Just make sure the swage
fittings are compatible (they probably are).

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC