[TowerTalk] Re: X9 vs C32XR, etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: X9 vs C32XR, etc
From: notawc@juno.com (notawc@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 16:57:32 -0400

On Thu, 20 May 1999 18:55:14 -0400 (EDT) Tyler Barnett
<tbarnett@fairway.stdio.com> writes:

SNIPPED

> loud as
> anyone in Europe, from first-hand conversations of his contacts.
> I personally made a QSO with a friend in Wales from his station,
> using 100W and
> this PRO-67, and I thought it worked every bit as good as my TH7,
> maybe better.
> I wonder if the PRO-67 has a cleaner pattern, and "takes off" with
> less pattern
> spillover to detect a mile away.  Who knows.
> Tyler N4TY

I am no Cushcraft fan but I notice that many DX stations with fat signals
are using the old A3 and A4 tribanders. Not all can be explained off by
the competition as due only to location. The same holds true with the
huge amounts of short boom Mosely and Hi Gain beams that have been sold
the past 30 years or so. .  Some just refuse to accept that.

Neither can I accept a paid employee of another antenna/amplifier/etc,
etc company continuing to rather vocally and condemn  readers with
gobbleydook on the reflector.
The world does not revolve around one person who appears to enjoy
unrestricted protection....
The X9 deserves a full on site evaluation around the world, not just one
"experts" hot air.
Norm

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]