[TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: tuning M2's 40m1L antenna
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 06:42:23 -0700
VERRRY Interesting! I tried your test this AM. I used a dummy load (the MFJ
264) since I didn't have any bare resistors handy. The sweep showed 2.1:1
from 6Mhz to 7.5Mhz and 2.75:1 from 7.5Mhz to 8Mhz. The resistance showed as
100ohms constant. Since my XYL had me take the antenna down last night, this
test peformed on the ground. I trust this doesn't matter re: balun testing.
If this is a valid test, what does the result ell us about the balun?

Jonathan KO6XS