[TowerTalk] HyGain considerations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain considerations
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:38:22 -0500
I'm getting close to placing an antenna and rotator order and wanted to
try one more time to see how the tide of public opinion is going these
days.  I'm leaning toward a TH11DX and T2XD.  Anyone worried enough
about MFJ taking over to NOT go this route?  My theory is that these
both basically consist of the "right stuff" and that parts and service
should be available from MFJ/HyGain and others for some time.  Also, if
I get on with it, I should be able to get items manufactured in and by
the "old plants and staff".

Some have had problems with the T2X and winter-sticking.  Any consensus
on how much to worry about this?  Other than this one problem, the T2X
is at the top of my list right now, but this is Indiana, and I can't
have it STUCK all winter!  Tnx
WA9ALS - John
jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tower Project Guestbook