[TowerTalk] 4130 mast corrision treatment?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4130 mast corrision treatment?
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony kazmakites)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:01:46 -0400
Forgot one point. I first poured some paint thinner down the pipe while
rotating it (had the other end taped). Then I poured the thinner out. Was
hoping this cleaned the surface for primer to stick. Once dry I poured
primer down the tube while rotating the pipe, with the opposite end taped.
When I was sure all surfaces were covered, I poured it back into the can.
Once Dry, I did the same with the aluminum paint. Don't know if this was
necessary, but I figured doing this would make the mast last longer than me.
By the way, I have a 1.5" X .25" x 13' 4130 mast wedged 2' and taper pinned
inside of a 2" x .25" x 21' 4130 mast.
Tony