[TowerTalk] Parallel conduits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Parallel conduits
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 05:45:10 -0400
Hi Ron,

> What are the collective thoughts about burying two PVC conduits in
> parallel in the same trench, one carrying antenna coax and the other
> carrying 115VAC for operating a remote antenna tuner?  For sure, no
> problem in transmit, but possible noise during receive??

Depends on how well the feedline is installed and if it has common
mode currents.

I run 120 volts out on cables, but I:

1.) Fuse them at low current.

2.) Isolate them through a isolation transformer.

3.) Have a plug on the feed of the whole setup, so it is not part of
the house wiring.

I run all my wires through the same pipes or trenches, and have no
noise problems.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com