[TowerTalk] URL's/Music, The Music Is Gone And So Am I

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] URL's/Music, The Music Is Gone And So Am I
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:58:34 -0400
The current issue of PC Magazine has a section dedicated to "safe
computing." It is interesting reading.

I think part of the problem is some e-mail programs (Outlook?) come
with all the bells and whistles turned on, both on the send and
recieve side of e-mail.  I certainly don't want my e-mailer to execute
attachments automatically (like delete c:\*.*...) or whisk my browser
off to some unknown Web site.

I suggest that anyone that did hear the music go into Preferences and
Help to figure out what they need to turn off.  Personally I've used
Pegsus Mail (freeware!) for many years and it behaves just fine.

73 Barry

<snip>

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club