[TowerTalk] 40-2CD and C3E (which on top)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD and C3E (which on top)
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:48:10 -0400
My 40-2CD is above my TH7. Been there almost 10 years. No maintenance
necessary. Boom did rotate about 5 degrees in a 70+ mph wind a number
of years ago, but hasn't moved since. I think the 11 ft will make more
of a difference on 40 than the high bands.
73 Barry

On  1 Sep 99, W4nf@aol.com <W4nf@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The concrete was poured on Sunday and is now curing.  Yes, I'm keeping it
> moist according to all the prior posts on the subject.  The tower will be 75'
> of 25G with 12' of mast outside the tower.
>
> The question is - should I put the 40-2CD at 76' and the C3E at 87' or should
> I put the 40 mtr beam on top.  My reasoning was, I wasn't as impressed with
> the boom to element mount on the 40-2CD as I am with the F12 design.  So I
> figured I would probably be doing more maintenance on the 40 mtr beam
> (possible twisted elements, linear loading coils, etc...) than the F12 C3E
> and that is why I was going to put it right above the top of the tower.  As I
> remember the wind load of the two are rather close and I have a chrome molly
> steel mast which can handle the 40 on top.  Will that extra 11 feet make that
> much difference on 40?  What are your thoughts?
>
> Thanks for your comments,  Jack W4NF
>
> --

Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club