[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:23:56 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-07 15:17:33 EDT, radio_9k2ub@yahoo.com writes:

> The hygain thrust bearing part No is 801495 tagged as follow HT-TB
>  thrust bearing. again, the bearing collar on this one is not attached
>  to the bearing flange, simply put , the top part is easily removable ,
>  I am not comfortable with that, though , I have never seen a thrust
>  bearing before this one but I think the top collar should be coupled to
>  the flange in some strong way !Any ideas if this type of thrust bearing
>  is suitable for guyed towers, because in the general description in the
>  cataloge it indicates smoething about usage on crank-up towers.

Hi, Mohammad  --

      The Hy-Gain thrust bearing is fine for any tower/mast applications.
Since masts typically only turn one revolution-per-minute, they can be like
the Hy-Gain which is basically a couple of bushings without any ball
bearings. It's just another design. The Yaesu uses a different design also.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech