[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing
From: radio_9k2ub@yahoo.com (mohammad almutairi)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:18:18 -0700 (PDT)
All of the sudden, it is real quite on TT , no one has used a thrust
bearing nor masts before & this foreign DX TT guy is on his own. I 'll
remember that you guys next pile up on 10 or 15 M specially with state
side .. hi..hi

The hygain thrust bearing part No is 801495 tagged as follow HT-TB
thrust bearing. again, the bearing collar on this one is not attached
to the bearing flange, simply put , the top part is easily removable ,
I am not comfortable with that, though , I have never seen a thrust
bearing before this one but I think the top collar should be coupled to
the flange in some strong way !Any ideas if this type of thrust bearing
is suitable for guyed towers, because in the general description in the
cataloge it indicates smoething about usage on crank-up towers.

73 & SK to TT
Mohammad 9K2UB