[TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD
From: W4nf@aol.com (W4nf@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:09:07 EDT
I read several posts that stated they used the W2DU beam balun on the 40-2CD.
 I was wondering what experiences people have had with this type balun.  I
have always just used a coax wound balun on all my yagis as I have looked at
baluns as an additional point of failure of an antenna system. Where I have
never had a coax wound balun fail I have been involved at several times where
the balun was the failed part on the system.

Your comments are appreciated.  Thanks, Jack W4NF

BTW I bought W6QHS's book on yagis and plan on strengthening the 40-2CD to
the 100 MPH spec 40-2CD+.  Someone mentioned W9RE having a kit for this.
Anyone know the cost and how to get a hold of him.