[TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun for 40-2CD
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:38:43 -0500

>Finally, as one of the two original producers of W2DU type devices, I
>will say that if anything that we put on the market self destructed in
>the manner you've described and we hadn't heard from the buyer
>immediately, I would have been amazed, and truly disappointed.

Hi Pres,

A great improvement to your product would be to inject some of
that insulating foam stuff into the enclosure. This will completely imobilize
the fragile coax, and fill all the voids in which sweating could occur.

One of your competeitiors does this, but alas, they use only standard
RG-58U! They advertize this as a "high power" device, but are very
careful to say how high! My ARRL handbook says 350 watts max. @
30 mhz.

The search for a utopian balun continues!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC