[TowerTalk] tower height #2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower height #2
From: kirklaw@flint.umich.edu (KIRK LAWRENCE)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:48:55 -0400
Hello all,
        First let me thank all who answered my question on the
difference from 50ft. to 70 ft. regarding performance.  With that in
mind, if I bought a tower that was capable of holding a 15 sq. ft. (+)
of windload fully extended at 50ft., could I extend a heavy duty
mast upwards to reach the 70 ft. level safely?  And could I put a
tribander (TA-34XL) at that level without too much stress on the
tower and mast?
        Just trying to think of a "cost alternative" way of reaching the
height without a sacrifice in safety and performance (if there is
such a thought).

                Thanks again.  You have all been a great knowledge base
for me to learn!

                        Kirk   AB8BC