[TowerTalk] Rohn 35

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 08:16:30 -0600
Re:  Rohn 35

Wish your contact was in the Southeast,
I would snap it up in a heartbeat !

Tell me if you know of any Rohn 35 available
 in AL, GA, TN, MS !

Rohn "35", otherwise known as Motorola HW series,
uses the same legs as Rohn 25 but with approximately
15 inch face width and slightly heavier diagonals (1/32 inch
larger than the diagonals used on Rohn 25).  It is very
comfortable to climb and noticably more stable than 25.

My data sheet shows similar load rating to 25.  Do NOT
try to load it up like Rohn 45,  which has much heavier
legs and wider face width.

I have 130 ft standing and would love to get my hands
on more.  Because of the larger size, you can place a
rotor anywhere in any section.  You will need to fabricate
your own rotor plate and guy stabilizers if you choose this
tower.  Rotor plates are easily made from a triangular plate
cut slightly larger than the tower size, offseting the points
to protrude past each leg and attaching a piece of angle
aluminum at each corner / leg.  Guy stabilizers can be
made using angle aluminum attached to a plate, leg,
and extending out to the guy where a cable clamp can
be applied to hold the guy to the extended arm.

de  Tom  N4KG