[TowerTalk] Rohn 35

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:11:36 -0600

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 "Mike Nash, ND6A" <nd6a@arrl.net> writes:

> Thanks to all that replied, regarding this stuff, still would like
> to find some kind of specs. (for Rohn 35)

>But I guess I can always just use 45 specs and  be safe.

            WRONG !

Please re-read my post to you Mike.

Remember that the leg gauge is EXACTLY the same as Rohn 25
and therefore has the SAME  Maximum Vertical Load capacity as
Rohn 25  ( NOT 45 ).  It is my understanding that the ultimate
tower load capacity is determined by the maximum load that
can be supported by the bottom section.

The larger face width makes the tower more rigid and therefore it
should tolerate the twisting from side mounted antennas better
than Rohn 25 but the total wind load is still the same as R25.

I have seen used Rohn 35 sell for anything from $30 to $75
per section, depending on condition and age.

de  Tom  N4KG