[TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:22:24 -0500
Bill, Gerry:

     I had one of the RS push-up masts to support a V/UHF yagi array.  The
connections between sections is done with cotter pins, I substituted double
3/16" bolts and nuts.  Neither provides adequate RF continuity, IMHO.

     If you do use these masts, you'll have to bridge the sections with,
maybe, copper braid and SS hose clamps a' la Polyphaser.  They last a long
time, though.  I've had mine for about 20 years, with only about 3 years in
storage (outside the rest of the time.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F