[TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:35:38 -0800

I built a couple of verticals in the past out of aluminum downspout.
It worked pretty darn good.  Shall we say it is a bit floppy after
the 3rd section, but with proper guying the stuff will stay up thru
the worst of weather.  Now this stuff was the round kind.  I do not
even know if you can buy round aluminmum downspout pipe anymore.
Only difference I can see between the newer square stuff and the old
round stuff is what to set it on.  With the old round stuff it was
easy to set on an old bottle.  The cost of 3 or 4 10 foot sections of
aluminum downspout is well worth the experiment I would feel.

73 Jim K7SLI