[TowerTalk] Copper and Aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copper and Aluminum
From: DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 06:51:27 -0700
Richard, for the same application I used 0.005" thick stainless steel
shim stock. I put a small amount of Noalox on both sides of the
stainless, wrapped it around the round tower leg and then clamped my
copper strap to the stainless with a ground rod clamp. It's thinner,
more flexible, and more conductive than a thick SS hose clamp. The stuff
is available from McMaster-Carr for $14 (life time supply). If you've
got angle tower legs, aluminum pickup truck bed topper clamps work real
good.

--Dave
K0QE