[TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:31:22 -0700
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:00:59 -0500, Bill Coleman AA4LR wrote:

> Wouldn't NoAlOx work well? After all, it's just zinc particles suspended
> in silicone grease. Tower sections are galvanized with zinc. Seems safe.

I'm primarily interested in three things.  First, not attracting dirt to
whatever material is used (dirty-blowing farm area, dirt roads, high
winds, etc.).  Second, it needs to stay put when the temp hits 100
degrees.  Third, lubrication of the sliding components of the sections.
At the time, I'm inclined to not use anything until I find the "right"
thing.  Factory (Hy-Gain, NE, not MFJ) recommended just spraying the
worn areas with cold-galv, which I did.  Looking for ideas for the best
material, not necessarily going to use them though.  ;o)

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.