[TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections
From: DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:44:29 -0700
<snip>
So why would we want to risk corrosion damage to the aluminum by including a
copper filler metal just in case the grease _does_ happen to be the "leaving
kind"?
73, Eric  N7CL

Eric good points. The reason I heard was that Noalox does go away after a
while, whereas SS-30 does not (at least not in 10 years here in Colorado).
SS-30 must have the right grease base. It doesn't evaporate or deteriorate
easily. The manufacturer says it won't dry up in storage. It's temperature
service rating is -65F to +1800F and is used inside of Jet aircraft engines
and other real harsh environments.

Dave
K0QE