[TowerTalk] ROHN SPECIFICATIONS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ROHN SPECIFICATIONS
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:55:08 -0600
Hi Jim,

Actually, there are at least 3 moments to be concerned about.

The bending moment on the mast where the mast enters the tower.
The bending moment applied to the top and bottom tower mast
supports.
The bending moment applied to the tower at the top guy,
which is also coupled throughout the rest of the tower.

With 18 ft out of the top, you need to calculate all of these
moments and make sure none of the ratings (mast and tower)
are exceeded.  The more mast inside the tower, the better.

You should seriously consider placing the top guys at the
very top of your tower.  If you plan to have large antennas,
it would be wise to add another set of guys at or just below
the bottom mast support which is probably your rotor.

de  Tom  N4KG

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.