[TowerTalk] C3SS Assembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3SS Assembly
From: WD4K@bellsouth.net (WD4K)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:10:43 -0800
After reading the two posts on the C3S I will have to agree with Rich about
the time. I have two C31XR's that I assembled. (twice) The first one took
about 5 hrs (while watching a couple of NFL games on the TV while
assembling). The next ones took less than 4 hours to completion (Not
watching Football!). Mine did NOT require any drilling or an awl. The
assembly was straightforward by the numbers. (FYI -parts are 14 elements and
31'boom)
I cannot possibly imagine what would take 6 hours for 6 elements on a 12'
boom!  That's about an hour per element-sheesh! They have been up for a
couple of years with no problems. Also, when I dissassembled for transport
to the new QTH, it was ready to go within an hour and a half once on the
ground. Reassembly was a snap as mentioned above. Tommy WD4K