[TowerTalk] Radials over salt water?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials over salt water?
From: cdietz@swbell.net (Logan Dietz)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:16:33 -0600
I used to have a station on a 1 ac point of land in salt water. I shunt fed a
130 foot tower with some beams on it.   I took the radials to the salt water and
terminated them to old aluminum from destroyed beams which I pushed down into
the salt water.  About 16 radials worked unbelievably well on 160!  I also tried
a ground plane for 80 on a 40 foot tower, with two radials...that also worked
very well.  Almost anything will work well on 160 if it is near salt water.

Chuck, W5PR