[TowerTalk] Telrex 40 M Beam restoration

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex 40 M Beam restoration
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:57:18 -0800
Hey Bill,

I don't know why they chose to use solid tips on that antenna. I still remember
being surprised
to learn that when we got the antenna off the tower, as I had never seen that
sort of design before.
I think there was somekind of reducer collet (machined aluminum I think) that
stepped from the last
section of tubing down to the solid rod element tip (its been 15 years so its a
bit fuzzy). Never
had an occasion to see the 40M346 up close, that's why I was wondering if it
was similar to the
40M329 (e.g. 40M329 with a longer boom?).

73 de Mike, W4EF................