[TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Ant's - Misc Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Ant's - Misc Questions
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:54:39 -0600
1. Yes there are diplexers and even triplexers  (HF,VHF,UHF) and they are
much less expensive than a good sized hunk of low loss coax. I have a
diplexer here rated at 800 watts on 2meters & 500 watts on 430 MHz. I have
no idea now what it cost, but it was not terribly expensive. certainly less
than 100 ft of lmr400.

At 11:29 PM 01/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>         My Club staton is planning some upgrades and had some
>quick questions about the VHF/UHF side of things...
>
>1). On Top of 1 tower, We are putting up 2 Long Boom Yagi's. 1
>For 2M and the Other for 440. The 2M has a Boom length of about
>8 Ft. The 440 is slightly shorter. They are going above our tribander
>for the start of a X-mas tree - Both mounted Horizontal.
>
>To save on feedlines, Can we feed Both Yagis Together With a T
>Junction? Im assuming we'll need equal Coax to each Ant. after the
>T. Or will this require a Di-plexer? And along with this, What are
>good stacking Distances for these yagi's sitting above the
>tribander?
>
>2). 2m and 440 are a start for us. Eventually, We want to add in
>220, 900, 1.2  Ghz and maybe some higher bands; But, we are
>starting to run out of room for Long Booms on the towers. We
>started looking into Logs for VHF/UHF. Two Models we found were
>the Tennadyne T31 and the Create CLP 5130-1. Any1 have any 1st
>hand experience with 1 of these? How do they preform?
>
>Thanks to all in advance..
>
>73's
>
>Ulysses Rodriguez - KD4RWN
>President - University Of Central Florida ARC (K4UCF)
>Member: ARRL, FCG, WWYC # 77
>kd4rwn@arrl.net
>

>--

Jim Rhodes K0XU